The simple lesson regarding the actions which a Jew must do to further hasten
the Redemption is:
In addition to the activities in his part of the world, until it includes
the whole world, to reveal that G-d is the Master of the world
- in the world and in every part of the world, particularly through making
use of all aspects of the world "for the sake of heaven" and
in "knowing Him," so that everything in the world reveals "the
glory" of G-d,
There must also be a specific increase in studying and learning the Torah
- particularly the inner teachings of the Torah as revealed in the teachings
of Chassidus, in a manner of comprehension and perception, in wisdom,
understanding and knowledge.
And also, to have influence on others around him - through spreading Torah
and Judaism, and the spreading of the wellsprings.
(From the talk of Shabbos Parshas Emor, 20 Iyar 5751)
1. [The Hebrew word for "Master" used here is also the name of the first
letter of the alphabet, and indicates unity and oneness. Translator's
2. Avos chapter 2 mishneh 12. And see Rambam, Hilchos Deos,
end of chapter 3. Tur Shulchan Aruch, Orach Chayim, section 231.
3. Mishlei 3:6. And see Rambam and Tur Shulchan Aruch